Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Bobby Pin Magnetic Strip

I have a bobby pin addiction.  Around my house, you can likely find a bobby pin in every room, but I can never seem to find one when I need it.  I have less of an addiction to ponytail holders, since my hair is shorter now, but I still have an abundance of those as well.  So when I saw this idea on pinterest, I knew I had to implement it immediately.  And, since we're already doing some master bathroom renovations, I thought this was the perfect opportunity!


I wanted to "pretty it up" - you know, make it something where I would smile each morning when I opened the medicine cabinet.  So, I pulled some supplies from my sewing room and made this with ZERO out of pocket cost!  :)



Here's the detailed instructions:


I used a piece of cardboard from an animal cracker box.  It measures 11" x 3" (approximate).


I stuck magnetic strips to the cardboard.


Then, I wrapped the entire piece in pretty scrapbook paper and taped it down with clear packing tape.


I had these two red knobs from an old piece of furniture.  They had been sitting in the garage for years. I removed the screws from the back and used E-6000 to glue them to the paper.


I stuck it to the medicine cabinet with sticky back velcro.


So, any ideas what comes across my face when I open my medicine cabinet?


Photos of the finished master bath coming soon.  Here's a sneak preview....


Pin It! Buffer

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Great Idea! I too have an addiction to bobby pins! I love the short ones! They come in blond - my color!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your blog is FILLED with creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Such a cute idea! I have been looking for a cheap idea to hold my loose bobby pins and pony tail holders. And so encouraged by your profile...I love how you are using your talents to glorify Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative idea! Great to see bobby pin magnetic strip around your house.It's awesome.Thanks for sharing the post.Best regards Sinoneo Magnets.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...