I thought it'd be fun to do a couple of book reviews once a week on Fridays. I've got several books that I'd love to share with you over the next few weeks. I'd love it if you'd share your favorite craft and sewing books in the comments, as well as your thoughts on this new series.
I really enjoyed Chapter Two, Branding your Business. This chapter reviews the reasons why you should have a logo and keep your logo consistent on all things related to your products. I am so glad I chose to create a logo early in this process and have it printed on all my business cards, postcards, labels, etc. Professional packaging makes your product productive. (How's that for alliteration?!?!)
Because I love to blog, I am always reading articles and books about how to improve my blog. Although many times the same concept is repeated throughout, it never hurts to be reminded of these basic, simple truths. Use proper grammar. Be kind to commentors. Appreciate your readers. Post often. Use good photos.
New concepts such as selling in consignment stores and starting your own craft fair were intriguing to me. When we lived in Louisville, craft fairs were everywhere and such a joy to attend. I haven't found Central Florida to have quite the artistic atmosphere of the Ohio Valley, but still hope to join in a few craft fairs this year. Some friends and I hosted a Handmade Open House last December and that was a huge success. I'd love to be able to do more of these in the future.
Overall, this is a great manual that all crafters looking to sell should keep in their library. It covers all the basics and goes in depth in many essential area. It's a book you can read over and over again and learn something new each time.
Purchase your own copy by clicking here.
What are your favorite craft and sewing books? Have you read this book?
This post contains affiliate links.

My favorite sewing books is "Sewing for Dummies". It's useless though, I'm just as dumb as I was.
ReplyDeleteWow, affiliate links are cool!