Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicken Wire Frame for My Kitchen


 I was inspired by this post to participate in the UCreate Create With Me May Project, and it was a lot of fun to work on a project for my recently updated kitchen.

I started with this gold frame I found under our bed.  Not sure where it came from or how long it's been there.  I loved the intricate details, but not the color.


 So, I spray painted it brown.


Much better!

I followed these directions and added chicken wire to the back of the frame.  (Actually, my husband did this part, because I rushed off to work.  I'm so proud of his craftiness!  Don't tell him I said that.)

I know the original post was for a jewelry organizer, but since I had already made one for my earrings,  I wanted this for my kitchen.  So, I made some coordinating clothespins with fabric flowers to hold all my kitchen display pretties.


 I cut a small strip of fabric (about 1/2") and glued it to the clothespin.  I made some ric rac flowers(rolled ric rac together) and other random flowers out of tiny strips of fabric to add to the ends of the clothespins.  I really didn't have a tutorial for this- I just starting twirling the fabric or ric rac together until it looked like a flower. 




I love how it looks!  It not only adds a punch of color to my kitchen, but it's a great place to clip photos I love, recipes I want to try, coupons I should use and spare house keys.  It gives new life to this frame that was hiding under the bed.

Pin It! Buffer

4 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with chicken wire frames. Yours turned out fantastic!I think I am going to make one this weekend once and for all.

    Ginger
    Literally Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute!! I saw this earlier in the week and wanted to tell you what a great job you did on it. Something was going on with blogger though and I couldn't leave a comment. So cute! I have felt like you lately with the spray paint on the picture frames! lol (been doing a bit myself)
    Those clothes pins are too cute!
    Thanks for linking it up to my Organizing Mission link party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know I would be featuring this post tomorrow on my Organizing Mission link party! Please stop by and pick up my "Proud to be Featured on Organizing Mission link party" button.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aide de guerra5:25 PM

    Hola espero pueda comprender este mensaje, me encantaa, o gusta es hermoso y muy práctico para muchas cosas, gracias por compartirla tratare de hacerla, saludos desde Panamá.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...