One bad thing about having a blog is not being able to share ideas in advance. I so badly wanted to let you all in on my Mother's Day gift ideas, but since both my mother and my mother-in-law read this blog, I had to refrain.
This is a great collection of three easy sewing projects that can be made quickly and show handmade love and appreciation to others. So, bookmark these ideas for next year, or for the next time you need to make a simple gift for someone you love.
For my mom (and my sister, who is expecting a baby in the fall- it's her very first Mother's Day!) I made a set of Pyramid Lavender Sachets. I used the lavender from my sister's wedding, and this pattern (found via UCreate). It's a super-simple gift idea that would be great for a bridal shower, new mommy, teacher appreciation, or just because. I'll share more details this week as I am making a few more for my son's teachers this week.
For my Mimi, I made this pleated clutch. It's an Ali Foster Pattern- the Lulu Clutch to be exact. I lined it with a deep red color and added a red flower to the front. I attached it with a pin so it can be removed if she wants to wear it with another accessory.
For my mother-in-law, I made two snap-on hanging dishtowels. The fabric is up-cycled from a tablecloth she had purchased that tragically got a hole. She gave it to me nearly a year ago, and asked me to make a few things for her. I made a set of napkins a while back, and am now brainstorming more ways to use this precious fabric. The pattern is from the Kleio's Belly site and can be found here.
What did you do for Mother's Day? Anyone make anything handmade for your mom? Anyone get handmade gift today?
I LOVE my dishtowels!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it's universally true that moms love hand made / crafty gifts, even cards
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete