Sunday, July 01, 2012

Chicken Muffins (AKA Individual Chicken Pot Pies)

I tweaked one of our family's favorite recipes last week.  It was a huge hit with my kids, who called this dish "Chicken Muffins."

Our long-time recipe for Chicken Pot Pie just got easier, with the help of a muffin tin and Bisquick.  What's even better- it's freezer friendly!  This is the ultimate comfort food, people.


Chicken Muffins

1 3 lb bag of boneless skinless chicken (can be breasts, tenderloin, whatever)
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 16 oz bags frozen mixed vegetables
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 jar Shake & Pour Bisquick (the yellow bottle you use when camping- just add water)

Cook and shred the chicken.  (See this post for the world's easiest way to shred chicken.)  Stir in mixed veggies, cream of chicken soups, salt and pepper.


Mix the water with the Bisquick as directed on the bottle.

Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and pour a small amount of Bisquick in each section.  Pour just enough to cover the bottom.

Put one or two heaped spoonfuls of the chicken-veggie mixture on top of the Bisquick.



Pour Bisquick on top of each muffin, just enough to make a small circle, and let it run to the sides.


Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25 minutes.  (Oven times may vary.)

Yield:  24 muffins

Tip:  Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.  This will help them keep a muffin shape and not run all over your plate.  :)



If freezing, let cool completely.  Wrap each muffin in plastic wrap or foil and place in freezer.  To reheat, place in toaster oven or microwave until warm.

Disclaimer:  I realize this is super un-healthy.  I make no claims that it is otherwise.  If you'd like a healthier option, I'd recommend making your own Bisquick with whole-wheat flour and/or making your own Cream of Chicken soup.  These are both things that I hope to do in coming weeks but wanted to go ahead and post the "un-healthy" version first.  If you've tried it with these adaptations, please let me know!


Pin It! Buffer

4 comments:

  1. Can you tell me how much Bisquick? I'm going to try it with homemade Bisquick instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I'd guess around two cups- maybe three. I wanted more chicken and veggies than bread, so I guess it just depends on what ratio you prefer as well. There is no exact formula; just eyeball it.

      Delete
  2. Looks tasty, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:33 AM

    I can't find the "print" button...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...