About a year ago, I found myself walking through a very dark time with a dear friend. She lost her nine month old daughter very suddenly, and it affected me deeply. The moments and hours around her precious baby's death will be something I hold in my memory forever. But our God turns mourning into dancing, and while we miss that sweet baby dearly, I rejoice that I have a deep bond with this friend and our relationship is one of my highest earthly treasures.
So it is with great joy that I share this Lavender and White Rose Baby Shower with you. Shortly after the tragedy, my friend was pregnant with her third baby - a girl! I could do nothing more than rejoice with tears of gratefulness to our God for his goodness to her family. And my heart is filled with thankfulness of how the Lord has intertwined our journeys together.
Her baby's name is Rosie. The nursery colors are lavender and white. We continued that theme at the baby shower by using those colors and sprinkling roses throughout our party.
Baby booties made from two 2 oz medicine cups, then wrapped in tissue. A cotton ball was used to make the "toe" and then tied with 1/8" satin ribbon. Simply a charming way to display trail mix!
Forks wrapped in lavender and white striped napkins, then tied with white ricrac.
Once again, I used the cupcake tower my father built for the Monster Birthday Party. This party piece is coming in handy time and time again. Thanks, Dad!
I followed Sarah's example and displayed each cupcake under a wine glass. This was a big hit with guests!
I also borrowed recipes from Sarah and her cupcakes are delicious! Seriously some of the yummiest ever!
My dining room table held all the food - mini quiches, veggie tray, fruit spread, trail mix booties, and of course, the mini cupcakes!
I made this felt dot garland using my circle rotary cutter, and then sewed it together. I draped it around the fitted tablecloth (made from this tutorial) and it added an extra punch of purple color to the table.
I also made a felt ruffle wreath for the front door. I used Amy's tutorial for the wreath, and then inserted mini purple roses. The banner was a piece of paper I printed from PicMonkey.
In lieu of a guestbook, another friend found this book, Ballerina Rosie. Since it was fitting with our theme, we had all the guests sign the inside of the book.
I used my kitchen bar as the drink station. We served punch, water, and hot tea and coffee.
I ordered items on Etsy and made a cookie sheet full of rose magnets. (I ordered the roses from Whimsy and Pop and the magnets from CraftProjectSupplies. Both amazing Etsy sellers!)
Each guest took a white felt bag and filled it with a few magnets. They were asked to put them on their refrigerator and use the magnets as a reminder to pray for this sweet family.
The afternoon was a time of rejoicing, and it brought much healing to my soul. The time of prayer for this family was filled with emotions, as you can imagine, but I wouldn't trade this last year for anything. The way that God has used the darkest of times to draw me to Himself, and the friendships I've formed within my local body of Christ as made all the tears worthwhile. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
No comments:
Post a Comment