During naptime today, I made this purse. I think that Ali Foster's pattens may be my new favorite thing, because they are so very easy to follow and she doesn't add in unnecessary steps or explanations.
I did change a few things about this pattern- I used interfacing on the exterior and lining of the purse instead of inserting a layer of duckcloth. I mainly did this because I really like all the duckcloth I have in my sewing room and didn't want to cut into it. I also did not topstitch around the finished product, because I like the pink lining poking out a bit. Also, the kids were waking up and I ran out of time. :) I may go back and do it later.
Things I really, really like about this pattern: It uses a button closure, not a magnetic snap. So much simpler and cheaper! I LOVE the shape of this purse... it is so classy! I can make the entire thing using fabric from my stash. I also love the short handles... and the interior pocket.
Your thoughts? Feedback? The responses (Love it/like it/not so much) below are completely anonymous, so feel free to click away. :)
Amy, I love that purse! It's so cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made this since I talked to you. It is SO cute! I can picture a GATOR purse too ;)
ReplyDeletePolka dots and pink - always a stunning combination! Love it. :-)
ReplyDeleteReally cool, I love the color combo. It's one I rarely think of but you're right, so very classique!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness is that purse stunning!!!! Love it! Thanks for the link to the patterns, too ...
ReplyDeleteOh, and I just saw that they are print-at-home-patterns! What joy!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete(I live in Germany so I never get to order the cool patterns due to the fact that postage would be way too high ... But downloadable! GREAT!)
Thank you so much for sharing!
Very, very cute! I need to get busy and make myself a purse!
ReplyDeleteCute, very cute! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteit's gorgeous! I love polka dots and I also like the lining poking out!
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the link to the patterns, I'll have to try some of them!
ReplyDeleteI love it. Really cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up to Hookin Up With HoH!
~Allison @ House of Hepworths