Sunday, May 08, 2011

New York Yankees Snack Bags (AKA Getting Creative with Out of Print Fabric!)

My brother in law is a HUGE NY Yankees fan.  He also loves to carry his lunch in reusable snack bags and containers.  My sister (his wife) asked me to make him some reusable snack bags with the Yankees fabric.  Little did I know that MLB cotton fabric is about as rare as a quiet 3 year old.

 
I searched everywhere for Yankee cotton fabric.  I found tons of fleece, but no cotton.  Well, I did find some cotton on Ebay, but it started at well over $50/yard and I just couldn't swallow that amount.  In my searching, I learned that MLB cotton fabric is no longer being printed.  Most of the teams are available in fleece, but cotton is a rarity.  If you find MLB cotton fabric, grab it all because it will sell for high dollar!



Anyways, back to the brother in law's birthday....  I found NY Yankees ribbon here on Amazon and made it work!  I pulled the wires out of the ribbon (very easy to do!), and added it to navy broadcloth to make these one of a kind snack bags!

Pin It! Buffer

No comments:

Post a Comment