Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baby Bath Apron

My friend Mandi asked me to make a Baby Bath Apron for her.  I had no idea what this was, but after doing some research and finding basic photos and instructions here, I realized this was a really simple project and a very frugal and practical gift for a new mom.


The Baby Bath Apron serves to keep mom dry during bath time, and then allows mom (or dad!) to retrieve the baby or toddler from the tub without having to hold a towel as well.  It eliminates the awkwardness of holding a towel under your chin and handling a slippery child at the same time.


I made this Apron from a beach towel.  I had already used part of the towel when I made a shirred beach towel dress for a little girl's birthday last April.  So, this apron was about 3/4 of a towel, but really, you can customize it to any size you need based on the size of your child and the size of the parent.


Using grosgrain ribbon, I added a neck strap which will just slip over the head.  I also added waist ties from the same grosgrain ribbon.  The waist ties form a bow in the back, and can be easily untied when it's time to wrap up your little one.


It was so easy, I'm surprised I didn't do this sooner!  It makes a great baby gift and I hope Mandi loves it!
Pin It! Buffer

2 comments:

  1. Practical and easy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea and as you say, so easy to make. I like the way no cutting is needed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...