Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Leg Warmers

I
 I've been hoarding a stash of knee socks for quite some time, with plans to make these baby and toddler leg warmers.  I've spent the last few nights making these leg warmers, which I'll have for sale at the Handmade Holiday Open House.

 This is my 3-year-old, who is 37" tall.  They are a good fit for a child this size, and would probably fit up to 40" tall.

 Here, my 18 month old is wearing the leg warmers.  There is a bit more room to grow, but the great thing is the leg warmers can be adjusted to almost any height under 40".  

Some great features of the leg warmers:
  • Fits newborns and up!
  • Don't have to remove baby's pants to change a diaper.
  • Easy to change if soiled.
  • Machine wash and dry.
  • Can wear with or without shoes.
  • The perfect pair with a onesie, dress, overalls or romper. 
  • Great for cooler mornings- easy to remove as the day gets warmer.
Pin It! Buffer

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute, and the models are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You're so creative! Just visiting from MBE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! They do seem practical, I enjoyed reading your list. Do they fall down though? And if not do they leave marks on their skin?

    Thanks for linking it up to A Handmade Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbi, Thanks for your comment! I have not experienced the leg warmers falling down at all. They did leave SLIGHT marks on my 3 year old's legs, but none at all on my 18 month old's. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:54 PM

    I love your fab leg warmers!!!.

    Thanks for linking up to the PA Blog,
    always a pleasure:)

    Terrie
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My baby has been wearing baby leg warmers ever since he used to wear diapers, even now when he’s three, he comfortably wears them under his pants in the winters. You just love the sight of your cute baby wearing leg warmers.

    ReplyDelete