Friday, June 15, 2012

Mustache Etched Glasses for Father's Day


This week I pulled out my glass etching cream and made a fun Father's Day gift.  Inspired by Red Currant Designs, this craft is quick, easy and fairly frugal.


I bought my glasses at the Dollar Tree, for $1 each, obviously.  The mustache templates found at LisaWelge.com were the easiest to trace and cut out, and were the cutest, in my opinion.  I think it'd be fun to do a set of eight glasses- each with a different type of mustache from her PDF template.


Although the glasses make a statement in and of themselves, I think I'll fill them with candy, nuts or some other kind of treat.  These particular glasses are for my husband, father-in-law, and brother-in-law.  I wanted to do one for my dad too, but couldn't ship it to him without fear of it breaking, so I'll give it to him in person when I see him in August.


I gave my husband his glass a little early because I needed his modeling skills!  Isn't he a great model?  :)

Happy Father's Day to all the amazing men in my life!  Love to you all.

Helpful Related Links:
My original glass etching post
Glass Etching Cream
Inspiration post from Red Currant Designs
Mustache Template
Pin It! Buffer

2 comments: